Privacy can be an issue when it comes to social networking. Of course, most of the time, privacy breaches can be blamed on the user, not the system. Fortunately, it’s pretty easy to hide yourself from future embarrassment by avoiding that your profile shows up on search results related to your name(or completely unrelated queries!).
It takes less than a minute to change the preference whether you would like to be found using search results, and here’s how:
- Login to Google+ and navigate to your profile page
- Click on the blue “Edit Profile” button on the upper left corner of the page.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page and find “Search visibility”
- Click that and uncheck the “Help others find my profile in search results.” box
- Click save and “Done Editing”
- You’re done!
It’s easier than it sounds, isn’t it? I recommend you to adjust other privacy settings while you’re on to this, too, but that’s a topic for another time.